Fashion Kanvas holds some information about you. This document outlines how that information is used, who we may share that information with and how we keep it secure. This notice does not provide exhaustive detail. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy Notice was last reviewed in June 2018.
1. What We Do
Fashion Kanvas enables professionals in the Fashion industry to network with each other.
2. How We Obtain Your Personal Data
Information provided by you:
You provide us with personal data in the following ways:
- By subscribing on our website
- By creating an account on Fashion Kanvas
This includes the following information:
- Full name (first name and last name)
- Email address
When subscribing to Fashion Kanvas, we use this information to send you updates, principally to let you know when Fashion Kanvas will go live. When creating an account on the platform, we display this information to best describe your profile and to enable other Fashion professionals to get in touch with you. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for legitimate interest.
3. How we use your personal data
We act as a data controller for use of your personal data to provide direct communications and enable connections among users. We undertake at all times to protect your personal data in a manner which is consistent with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data storage. We will use your data solely for marketing purposes such as our launch announcement and also where there is a legal requirement such as a formal court order.
4. Do you share my information with other organisations?
We keep information about you confidential. We won’t disclose your information with other third parties without your express consent. To the exception of the following third parties:
- Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
5. What are your rights?
Every individual has the right to see, amend, delete or have a copy of data held that can identify you. You do not need to give a reason to see your data.
If you created an account, you can manage your data on the Fashion Kanvas platform directly within your Profile page. If you want to access the data you entered when you subscribed on the website, you must make a subject access request by email at email@example.com. We shall respond within 20 working days from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. Our response will include the details of the personal data we hold on you including:
- Sources from which we acquired the information
- The purposes of processing the information
You have the right, subject to exemptions, to ask to:
- Have your information deleted
- Have your information corrected or updated where it is no longer accurate
- Ask us to stop processing information about you where we are not required to do so by law.
- Receive a copy of your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller, without hindrance from us.
- Object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you
If you would like to invoke any of the above rights then please email us at
6. What safeguards are in place to ensure data that identifies me is secure?
We only use information that may identify you in accordance with GDPR. This requires us to process personal data only if there is a legitimate basis for doing so and that any processing must be fair and lawful. We will protect your information, inform you of how your information will be used, and allow you to decide if and how your information can be shared.
We also ensure the information we hold is kept in secure locations, restrict access to information to authorised personnel only. We ensure external data processors that support us are legally and contractually bound to operate and prove security arrangements are in place where data that could or does identify a person are processed.
7. How long do you hold personal information for?
All records held by Fashion Kanvas are kept until you either request us to remove your personal information or delete them yourself.
If you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal data then please contact us by email at and we will do our best to help you.